Happy almost New Year!
New York City loves to dress up its streets, houses and store windows for the end of the year holidays.
This year, instead of simply presenting store windows as I did last year, I have added daytime and night time views of houses on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, two streets decorated with night lights, and of course the store windows.
My very favorite set of windows this year is the last set of pictures from the Lord and Taylor department store. This year Tiffany’s (as in the movie Breakfast at Tiffany’s) has gorgeous windows with the theme of carousels. This is also a favorite of mine.
The slide show is organized as follows:
- House windows
- Madison Avenue at night
- Tiffany’s by day and night ( Carousel themes)
- Bergdorf Goodman ( Carnival of Animals) by day and night www.bergdorfgoodman.com
- Barney’s ( Lady Gaga theme) www.Barneys
- The Tree at Rockefeller Center
- Saks Fifth Avenue (theme of the bubbles machine)www.saksfifthavenue.com
- Lord and Taylor (speaks for itself) www.lordandtaylor.com
I hope that you enjoy the slideshow and please write about your favorites.