You may recall that I have referred to the work of Lynne McTaggert several times in this Newsletter.She is most noted for her experiments with Intentions and The Field .
I have found her website www.lynnemctaggert.com to be both exciting and intriguing. In 2009 the Repatterning Practitioners Association was honored to have her as the keynote speaker for our annual teleconference.Her presentation was dynamic, informative and inspiring.
Joie Jacobsen sent me the following communication that she received from Lynne McTaggert.
I hope that you will be encouraged to participate in the 9/11 Global Peace Intention Project.
LYNNE MCTAGGERT’S E-NEWS, SEPTEMBER 1, 2011
The 9/11 Global Peace Intention Experiment:
East and West join forces for peace
I’m back from holiday and with fabulous news. The 9/11 Global Peace Intention Experiment has mushroomed into an extraordinary and enormous event. Every day, more organizations are offering to work together to make the anniversary of 9/11 into a day of unity, evolution and peace.
Tens of thousands of Arabs and Americans are joining together for the tenth anniversary of the 9/11 terror attack on New York’s Twin Towers for a remarkable experiment: to discover whether their collective intention can bring greater peace to an area of conflict.
The experiment is being monitored and measured by a team of scientists from the Universities of California, Arizona and Princeton.
I am partnering with dozens of peace groups, including the remarkable One: The Event (www.onetheevent.org), and three-day live event in Seattle to mark the anniversary, and many other organizations who enlisting tens of thousands of participants in the US and other Western countries and Arab cities in a symbolic gesture of peace in remembrance of the Twin Towers tragedy.
What’s also exciting news is that the eight-day experiment will be broadcast over the web every day. So we will be sending out more news about how to see our LIVE broadcasts next week.
For the experiment, I have partnered with Dr. Salah Al-Rashed, a Western-educated peace activist in the Arab World, whose Salam (Peace) Group has an enormous following throughout the Middle East.
This is a joining of hands between East and West so that the tragedy of yesterday creates a joyous occasion for the future.
The 9/11 Peace Intention Experiment will take place in a 20-minute period every day for eight days. As such it will replicate our 2008 Peace Intention Experiment, carried out on Sri Lanka, which showed a 74 per cent reduction of violence after the experiment and a demonstrable effect when studied through statistical time analysis.
Monitoring the effects will be a scientific team comprising University of Arizona psychologist Dr. Gary Schwartz, University of St. Petersburg State University physicist Dr. Konstantin Korotkov, Dr. Roger Nelson, a psychologist formerly of Princeton University and director of the Global Consciousness Project, and Jessica Utts, a professor of statistics at the University of California at Irvine, widely regarded as an expert on statistical analysis of consciousness research.
The 9/11 Intention Experiment marks the latest of 23 scientifically controlled, web-based experiments carried out by The Intention Experiment to test the power of thought to change the physical world. Thousands of volunteers from 90 countries around the world have participated in rigorous, laboratory-controlled experiments.
Twenty of these experiments carried out under rigorous laboratory conditions have shown significant positive results. Psychologist Dr. Gary Schwartz and his team at the Laboratory for Advances in Consciousness and Health at the University of Arizona reported the results of six experiments in a scientific paper presented at a recent Society for Scientific Exploration conference.
The 9/11 Peace Intention Experiment is part of a larger collaboration between One: The Event, a three day live event in Seattle, and many other global organizations to promote peace and unity in the wake of the Twin Towers tragedy, which will be LIVE broadcast around the world
How to Participate in the 9/11 Peace Intention Experiment.
PLEASE NOTE: We have changed the time of the eight day experiment to 1 pm Eastern DST (6 pm UK time).
|In order to get participate in the eight-day 9/11 Peace Intention Experiment, here’s what to do:
Register TODAY. (The site gets very busy on the days of the experiment, so register now, so that you can login easily on the days of the experiment.) Even if you have registered for Intention Experiments before, you will have to register on http://www.intentionexperiment911.com.
- Spread the word. Tell all your like-minded friends to about the experiment, so they can participate. Urge them to register ahead on: http://www.intentionexperiment911.com so they can quickly get through on the days of the experiment.
- Note down the dates and time. The 9/11 Peace Intention Experiment will run for 8 consecutive days, starting on Sunday September 11, 2011, each day at 1 pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time, with the last one on Sunday, September 18.
- Note the time of the experiment in your own time zone:
10 am US Pacific Daylight savings time
11 am US Mountain DST
12 am Central DST
1 pm Eastern DST
6 pm UK British summer time
7 pm rest of Europe
8 pm KuwaitFor other time zones, please consult:
- Practice POWERING UP – the program II distilled from many masters of intention and scientific studies –& to maximize your intention skills. For best results, please consult my book The Intention Experiment.
- On the dates of the experiment, come straight onto the special 911 Peace Intention Experiment site: http://www.intentionexperiment911.com.
- Login early— even an hour before the experiment is due to begin. You can always leave your computer and come back right before the experiment begins. That way you won’t have trouble logging in.
- If you have any problems on the day, email our web support team: firstname.lastname@example.org. They will send you the URL to go to directly.
- Once you have logged in, while waiting for the experiment to begin, get into your highly focused POWERING UP state.
- Follow instructions to the letter. After POWERING UP, the pages will automatically flip over and you’ll read a description of the intention. The pages will then flip over again and you’ll be told to hold a particular intention for 10 minutes. Music will also play during that time. At the end of the 10 minutes, the page should flip over again to signal that the Intention Experiment is over.
- Don’t attempt to change pages. Our web team will automatically flip the pages over for you.
- Notice how you are feeling during the experiment. Lynne McTaggart and her scientific team are as interested in any changes in the intenders as they are in the target itself. She and the team will survey all participants after the experiment
- Click on the button to join the lively community discussion afterward: http://community.theintentionexperiment.com/. Tell our community from 90 countries around the world how it was for you.
Follow Lynne’s updates about the 911 Peace Intention Experiment on: www.facebook.com/LynneMcTaggart2011
We’ll send you new information about our new Facebook page shortly.